19 March 2012, with courtesy of www.uda.lk
The Urban Development Authority of Sri Lanka has announced number of projects around the Lotus Tower Development. One of them is the Transwork Towers in Fort. This planned development will be utilsing the currently underutilised land opposit the Colombo Hilton.
Guidelines for development is posted in the UDA website that provides some of the basic requirments for the development. These include
• A minimum 30% of the total development to be dedicated to public
• No. of stories – unlimited
• Parking should be provided as per the floor area
• Soil Test report and Preliminary Traffic impact assessment reports are available
• No restrictions available for height of the building
• Suggested Development – Mixed Development
The land include historic tranworks building that currently house number of governement departments. Under the project the Transwork building is to be preserved.
This proposed building will be one of the new addition to the colombo skyline and will join many new buildings that would accompany Lotus Tower in Colombo Sky Line
If any of our readers have more information about this development that they willing to share please feel free to include them in the comments
- Spielepalast in Colombo on Beira Lake Development Plan
- Imantha on Nelum Kuluna’ foundation stone laying event on Jan 20
- Shanaka on Beira Lake Development Plan
- KayZeeli on Transwork Towers
Your openionLoading ...